2018 Joint Call with FACCE ERA-GAS and ICT-AGRI2 on „Novel technologies, solutions and systems to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions in animal production systems” with a total commitment of 17m € (19 proposals are eligible)
The three ERA-NETs FACCE ERA-GAS (Monitoring and Mitigation of Greenhouse Gases from Agriculture and Silviculture), ERA-NET SusAn (Sustainable Animal Production Systems) and ICT-AGRI 2 (Information and Communication Technologies and Robotics for Sustainable Agriculture) have coordinated and aligned efforts in areas of mutual interest and established a joint transnational funding programme in the field of agricultural greenhouse gas (GHG) research, focusing on emissions from livestock production.
The overall objective of the 2018 Joint Call is to contribute to the development of novel technologies, solutions and systems to reduce the GHG intensity of animal production systems in Europe and beyond. This funding initiative calls for applied research. The projects’ potential impact should be relevant for the mitigation of GHG emissions within 5 - 10 years.
The themes of the call are:
- The “holistic theme”: Agroecological approach to whole animal production systems
- The “technical theme”: Technical options for the monitoring and mitigation of GHG emissions from animal production systems
- The “societal theme”: Social and/or economic approach to livestock production and consumption of animal products
- Call launch : 8 October, 2018
- Submission tool open for proposals: 19 October, 2018
- Deadline for submission of proposals (CET) : 31 January, 2019 - 14:00
- Notification of proposal selection: 14 June, 2019