Early Career Researchers Workshop “Envisioning the Future of European Animal Production”
The Early Career Researcher Workshop is one of the additional activities of the ERA-NET SusAn on top of the cofunded call. By organising this event, ERA-NET SusAn aims to bring together European researchers in the early stages of post doc career to work together on a vision of European sustainable animal production.
The main objectives of this workshop are:
- Define key benefits and challenges of sustainable European animal production
- Discuss different alternatives/pathways to a more sustainable European animal production
- Elaborate a coherent vision for sustainable animal production in Europe and formulate a “Narrative of sustainable European animal production”
- Create the basis for a peer reviewed article on the narrative, to be completed after the workshop by the participants
The results of the application process will be available in september 2020.
The workshop will be postponed to probably autumn 2021 and applicants will be informed as soon as the global health situation allows for a concrete planning”.
Research and Innovation Agenda
The agenda will focus on animal production systems and will be based on the SusAn approach (sustainability, systems thinking, cross-scale approach, multi-actor approach). SusAn partners further agreed to use
- The UN Agenda 2030’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and
- The COP 21 Paris Agreement
as common points of reference to elaborate and meet challenges in economical, ecological and societal areas. SusAn partners regard both, the SDGs and the Paris Agreement as broad challenges that research projects on sustainable animal production should help to meet.
SusAn invites the public to send their research priorities in the field via an online tool:
The public will also be welcome to comment on future drafts of the agenda.
Contact: Arnd Bassler (Arnd.Bassler@ble.de)